The festive season can be costly, especially when it comes to food. But, with a bit of savvy shopping you can go all out without breaking the bank:
- Plan ahead: decide what you are going to need beforehand, as well as how many people you will be cooking for. Panic bulk-buying results in wasted money.
- Check your cupboards: you might already have some of the items you need for the meals you are planning to make, thus avoid buying double.
- Compare prices online: you can save quite a bit of money by comparing prices online, this is also a good way to see special deals offered at certain stores.
- Try to leave the children at home: if you have children you will know that taking them with you to the shops, takes more time and can cost you more money as they might convince you to buy extra items.
- Avoid buying prepared food: pre-prepared vegetables, fruit and salad packs can be pricey, thus rather wash, peel and cut your vegetables and fruit at home.
- Leave the snacks: when you cook enough food, you do not need snacks before the meal. Thus, rather cook that little extra as you will be saving a lot.
- Ask your guests to bring their own drinks: buying drinks to suit everyone’s taste can add up to a lot of money, thus feel free to ask each guest to bring their drink of choice.
- Take your own shopping bags: plastic bags are not that expensive, however, this is an extra expense that you do not need. Bring enough of your own bags when you shop.
- Use your Iemas Purchase Card for your festive season shopping and earn rewards every time you shop! The Iemas Purchase Card is accepted at over 11,600 national retailers throughout South Africa including Shoprite/Checkers, Pick n Pay, Woolworths and various Spar outlets to only mention a few.
In addition to the fact that you earn rewards every time you shop with your Iemas Purchase Card, you can earn an additional R250 reward paid directly onto your card every time you successfully refer a friend to also take up an Iemas Purchase Card. To apply for an Iemas Purchase Card OR to refer a friend please contact 0861 043 627 | email@example.com | SMS ‘Card’ to 32297 (SMS costs R1)
Terms and Conditions apply.
More blog articles on shopping:
- The best loyalty cards in South Africa
- Use your purchase card at these national retailers and earn annual rewards!
- Refer a purchase card friend and earn R250
- Introduce Iemas to your friends and earn R250 – do not miss out!
- A rewards programme that maintained the benefits for a decade!
Adapted from: https://www.fin24.com/Money/MoneyManagement/frugal-festivities-20161217