Iemas Financial Services (Co-operative) Limited offers a comprehensive range of affordable financial products and services across South Africa. The co-operative, which is now in its 80th year of operation, recognises that it functions within wider communities and that it is important to provide an opportunity for employees to partake in corporate social responsibility initiatives (CSR).
Johan Nel, Iemas CEO says “we are cognisant of the fact that Iemas’ business activities impact a number of stakeholder groups and that it is important for us to give back to the communities in which we operate”. Iemas encourages its employees to donate to charity and to also participate in initiatives for the benefit of local communities.
Throughout the course of 2017 Iemas’ CSR activities encompassed a number of causes, which included:
• Continuous donations and assistance to an organisation established to assist abused and neglected girls;
• Co-sponsoring a ladies breakfast held to raise funds for special needs children;
• Annual donations of school shoes and school uniforms;
• Support of national campaigns such as Tekkie Tax, CANSA Shavathon and Casual Day;
• Participation in the South African National Blood Services (SANBS) blood donation drive;
• An internal HIV/Aids awareness campaign focussed on Iemas employees who are directly or indirectly affected by HIV/Aids; and
• An epilepsy awareness campaign, which educated employees about epilepsy and provided the opportunity to contribute to the cause.
“At Iemas we further believe that we utilise our own area of expertise, namely financial services, to educate and empower members of the community to achieve a holistic state of financial wellness. As such, Iemas offers free financial wellness sessions to employees at participating employer groups and reached 6 734 people during the 2017 financial year” Nel concludes.
As there is a lot more that still needs to be done to make a difference in the communities and organisations where there is a real need, Iemas is planning to continue building on these contributions in the new year.
For more information about Iemas contact 0861 043 627 or visit the website at www.iemasfinancialservices.co.za
Find other similar blog articles here: Invest in the youth by investing in financial education or What do the current economic changes mean for South Africans?