We all know that businesses should always aim to make their customers happy. However, it is not always possible to keep everyone happy all the time. The popular saying goes “killing with kindness”. Thus when dealing with a frustrated customer, rather revert to kindness to diffuse and resolve the issue instead of getting upset. Here are five reasons why showing kindness can get your problems solved faster.
- Understand that you are speaking to a real person, with real feelings: Always be polite. Your small act of kindness could go a long way to improve their day, and speeding up a resolution to the problem. Even if you cannot solve their issue right away, just being polite and showing empathy will calm them down and make them feel like they are being respected and heard.
- Kindness equals more kindness: In general, if you are nice to people, they are going to be nice to you too. It might take a bit of time to calm the person down; however, when you keep being kind to them it will eventually change their mood.
- Kindness makes you healthier: Did you know that being nice to others boosts your serotonin, the neurotransmitter that is in charge of warm-fuzzies like the feeling of satisfaction and well-being? It also releases endorphins, a nifty phenomenon that boosts your mood and causes a “natural high”.
- Your kindness could improve business: By providing calm and measured feedback, the person you are dealing with is more likely to remain a loyal customer, keeping your business going.
- You might walk away with something extra: Being kind could result in the customer giving you more business or just building a better relationship with the customer.
More blog articles Shopping:
- Top tips for superwomen
- How to become a savvy shopper
- What you need to know when buying your first car
- What you can use a personal loan for
- Ensure you are adequately covered this festive season